Founded in 1974, JCR publishes empirical, theoretical, and methodological papers of the highest quality on topics in consumer research.
The overriding criterion for publication in JCR is that the paper should advance understanding of consumer behavior or the conduct of consumer research. Typically, a paper suitable for JCR should attempt to advance, deepen, or repudiate existing published research about consumption, and offer conceptual and empirical support for its claims.
JCR is a multi-disciplinary journal. It encourages a variety of disciplinary perspectives, methods, theoretical approaches, and substantive problem areas. In general, JCR is interested in publishing articles derived from orientations and paradigms as diverse as those of the readership base.
- Impact Factor: 8.612
- 5-year Impact Factor: 11.116
- Source: Oxford University Press
The Policy Board is responsible for the development and implementation of editorial direction and policy. It is also responsible for the business affairs of the nonprofit corporation that owns the journal.
Please direct all questions or comments regarding governance of JCR to the Policy Board.
- American Anthropological Association
- American Association for Public Opinion Research
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- American Marketing Association
- American Sociological Association
- American Statistical Association
- Association for Consumer Research
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- International Communication Association
- Society for Consumer Psychology (APA Division 23)
- Society for Personality and Social Psychology (APA Division 8)